Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ruffle Ruffle Ruffle Ruffle pillow


So I usually try to have a portable project to work on every weekend, because we're always running here and there, and I sometimes have some down time where I like to have something to keep my hands busy. This was my project this past weekend. And unlike a lot of my projects, I actually finished this one in a timely manner. Began it Sunday evening and finished it this morning.  A ruffled pillow, inspired by a photo (which is pinned on my Color and Whimsy board) from this post on Attic24. Mine is much more... um... rough, shall we say? *ahem*  Definitely more...chunky.  But I love it.  And it's certainly colorful/whimsical.

My original thought was to write up a pattern for it, but really, it's a hot pretty mess.  The front was a make-it-up-as-I-go endeavor, and the back--in order to make it fit the wonky front--was a mathematical challenge. If anyone is interested, I can write up some very basic instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment